Monday, September 8, 2008

The Culmination of Day 8

I have to admit, I am caught in a tornado of emotions. There is anticipation, worry, excitement, doubt, bliss, confusion, exhiliration and there goes the cow flying past me too...

Team BioRide (sans Dr. Wrench because he had to work... lame) met up with Sir Hugh Barber to discuss the idea in detail. I have nothing but admiration and respect for this stand up gentleman. Hugh provided a fresh perspective to the team tonight. Additionally, he reinforced our excitement and pure enthusiasm about this project. That is just one of the myriad of reasons why we are embarking on this mission. Everyone who touches this project seems, to put it simply, pumped. People really respect what we are doing.

Personal update: I presented the idea to the teachers that I work with during the school-year. To my surprise, and despite all of my worrying, they are supportive of it. Granted, I need to train a substitute to 'do what I do' before I leave for 3 weeks. Now, I need to talk to administration to make sure I am allowed the time off. In typical fashion for this adventure, one step at a time, one day at a time. It is day 8 and we are rockin' like Eddie Van Halen in his prime.


-Nick (a.k.a. "Chili" as I have named by the fellow team members. I think it's because I am darker-skinned than the others.)

P.S. Stay tuned. We have some bios for Team BioRide 2008 coming up after these messages!!!!

No comments: