Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday night. 11:59pm. A one-room studio apartment.

I sit here at the end of yet another long day. We are creating our tour dates. Yes, this is a tour. The team voted on 6 cities, which we are planning various engagements. These cities were chosen because a member of BioRide 2008 has a specific connection to that city for a specific reason. Other cities will be visited along the way, but those will be based on the discretion of Ryan (a.k.a. Dr. Wrench), who will be closely monitoring the vehicles condition.

The 6 cities that are absolute are: (drumroll please........)

1. Detroit
2. Manhattan
3. Washington D.C.
4. New Orleans
5. Las Vegas
6. San Francisco

Tonight is another momentous occasion because we set a date for departure. October 8th. October 8th. October 8th! October 8th! October 8th!


My story: The length of the journey actually depends on how long I am able to get off classes at Seattle University. It sucks knowing that I am the one setting the limitation of the length of the trip. There are so many places to stop along the way! There are going to be unforeseen situations which we will encounter. I LOVE THAT STUFF! My personality thrives in the midst of chaos around me. Unlike many people I have known, I really dig on the unknown. I digress...

I hate having to set a limitation on the trip, but I have too much invested into getting my degrees to skip even one quarter of classes. Arrrrgh. The real world.

Nick
More progress is made today. This feels good.

No comments: